I receive the blessings of December
• Deep cold and warm sun, scattered across my days
• Baking cookies with my mom and sisters
• A fire in the grate and the warmth of family beside it
• The true gifts of presence – of hugs and smiles and openhanded generosity
And offer this blessing in response
• May your heart receive the gifts that come your way with joy.
• May you spill your own gifts into the world with abandon - and there find even deeper joy.
I receive the blessings of June
• Watching the granddaughters play together – focused, joyful, creative
• Nestling into a family vacation where we discover, again, the blessing of each other’s presence
• Listening to my mother and aunt remember their childhood days
• Watermelon as the taste of summer
I offer this blessing in response
• May you weave life and hope into each story that you tell, remembering with both honesty and grace the moments that shape your soul